So, the last few weeks I have been canning and canning and canning. I have made 4 batches of salsa, 4 batches of dill pickles, 1 batch of spaghetti sauce and still have a ton of tomatoes to do something with. Hmmm...I am not sure what else I am going to make with them. It'll be interesting I am sure.
This past weekend we to the kids to Faribault, there was suppose to be an airshow, due to the weather a lot of it was cancelled, but we were able to check out a fighter plane, see a demo of a RC airplane, and check out a army truck. Since that was not as exciting as we had expected we took the kids to the apple orchard on the way home. We got a couple bags of apples and some popcorn. The kids did have fun there. We think we will go back in a few weeks and when it is nice out. Anyway, to get rid of the apples I baked an apple pie this morning...It smells and looks really good. What do you think???
On Sunday Mom and Dad took the kids to church with them and Phil and I went up to St. Paul to the farmers market. I love that place. There is sooo much produce and a ton of beautifull flowers. We usually make it up there a couple of times each year. We bought a ton of stuff; tomatoes, potatoes, onions, zucchini, and green beans. So, to prevent it from going bad I needed to use the zucchini up. I made two loaves of bread with it. The kids LOVE my zucchini bread. I have that baking right now.
Yesterday, just Ness was home. We had to go to Apple Valley to take some lenses back to the school, and I needed to develope some film. After that I remembered that it is raspberry season. So, then she and I went to the raspberry farm and picked 7 1/2 pouds of berries. When we got home I washed them and made 2 batches of jam. We also had raspberry milkshakes for dessert last night...What a treat! I still had some berries left so this moring I also made a raspberry pie.
By the time my streak is over we are all going to weigh 500 pounds. I also made several batches of Strawberry jam and Apple jelly in the spring. We also have jalepeno pepper jelly! We are going to be eating PB&J until Jesus comes! The kids are thrilled about that...They could eat it for every meal everyday! Well, better be going I have to clean up my house I have a meeting with another client about senior pictures this afternoon and due to all my baking the kitchen looks like a tornado has gone through!
3 comments:
Your pies have my mouth watering! Yumm!! I have been canning and now the baking bug has hit me too. I feel like I need to bake muffins, bread, pumpkin bars etc. I think it is because our bodies are trying to get ready to hibernate for winter....I really wish I could just live in my house for about 4 months during winter. I am going to make some pumpkin pies, pumpkin bread, zucchini bread, banana bread, apple muffins this weekend. Of course I am going to be down in Cannon Saturday for the big garage sale!!
Holy Crap!!! how do you find all this time do do all of this stuff???? I just attemted to make Concord Grape Jelly for the first time today with my cousin Alli, and that was a trick with both of my boys and her boy also!!! we should get together sometime and you could give me some pointers!!! :) Amazing!!!
Most of the time the kids are either standing beside me or sitting on the counter helping me. It takes a little longer, but they have fun! They especially like the licking of the spoons and the bowls when we are done. My other trick is to get stuff done when they are napping. It is amazing how much faster I can get stuff done with out help!
Post a Comment