Now today was completely different. He was up and excited to go. They all rode the bus today because mom had a meeting. I told Belle to help him get his breakfast and stuff...He said I can do it myself. They are all growing up so fast!
Yesterday we went to Northfield for Jesse James Days. We watched the reinactment of the bank robery. Belle was concerned when one guy was shot and fell off his horse. So we had to explain that they were just pretending.
After that we wondered around looking at the craft booths. I especially liked the photography ones. Carson and Austin did too. They stood with me and went through a good chunk of pictures with me. There were even some that I would go by rather quick and they would stop me and make me go back so that they could get a better look. Kind of neat that my kids are interested in the stuff that I enjoy!
Then we went to the parade. It was 2 hours long! The kids got tired and bored near the end. There was one float in the parade that had a giant cow on it. I was showing the kids as it came around the corner. Belle looks at me and said, "Cows are lame, Mom." I have never heard that word come out of her mouth before. So, later we were talking about the "lame cow". We asked her why they were lame then she said, "because all they do is eat and poop and walk around. You can't even ride them." Anyway we had fun for very little cost! I love days like that.
Saturday we went to a party at some friends house. Phil had a bachelor party, so he didn't make it. The kids and I went. They had hay rides and balloons and a scavenger hunt for the kids. We all had a great time! We didn't make it home until after midnight, the kids were still going strong when we left, but fell asleep on the ride home.
It was just a relaxing weekend with nothing major going on. I wish we had more like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment