Friday, September 12, 2008

One more funny today...

The kids just got off the bus. The new thing around here has been catching grasshoppers and observing them in a petry dish that Austin got with his telescope for his birthday. Anyway, this morning I noticed a grasshopper in a dish, he looked almost dead. So, I opened the dish carefully and ran the other way so it could get away without getting me!
Well, the kids just got off the bus and Austin threw a fit because I let it go, he wanted it dead so he could disect it or something. Belle came running over with another petry dish and said, "Here Austin I have two that you can have. She had the two grasshoppers in the dish together, one of them was "on top" of the other one. They were so excited that the bigger one (ie the male) was giving the smaller one(ie. female) a piggyback ride! They were cheering and everything (I am sure that the whole neighborhood heard them). I just left them be, no birds and bees talks here today!

2 comments:

Nate and Jamie Sommer :) said...

Oh my gosh, I about DIED laughing just now about this story!!! TOO funny!!! your kids kill me every time :)

Gergen News said...

Their last "encounter" was when we had our dogs. Our female was in heat and of course our male wouldn't leave her alone...Belle was watching out the window and said, "Hey Mom, Days is giving Farah a back rub." I responded with, "Isn't that nice of him?" What else do ya do?