Tis the season for babies! Which is great, I can go see and hold all these babies and not have to take them home with me for once! I finally get to be the one that goes to visit! I have 3 friends that had babies in the last month and a half. And about 6 more due between now and July! Must have been a long cold winter???:) So, this weekend Nessa and I went to see Steph and her new baby, Gavin. Nessa really wants a baby at her house, because Caden got a baby at his house! Yep, I told her that it would NEVER happen!
Most of you know that we are very happy with our family right now! The kids are all big enough that we don't need to bring a diaper bag with us anymore! It has been a VERY long time since we have had to take someone out of church for a little AA. Nessa has become more of a real helper as opposed to just being in the way. This past Friday we decided to take the kids bowling when Phil got home from work. We bowled for an hour, then went out to eat. It was a ton of fun! We are able to eat later without having to worry about a snack for Nessa. That night we didn't get dinner until after 7 and everyone was fine; don't get me wrong, once we got our food they chowed down, but we no longer need to be eating by 5!
Nessa's new thing is to play house (well, she calls it horsey because there is a pet horse in the family!). The other night she was dying to play, but I was trying to get supper ready. Phil had been in Sleepy Eye all day and wouldn't make it home until it was time to sit down and eat. So, we played "horsey". She was the Mommy and cooked dinner. I gave her the potato brush and the potatoes and she cleaned them while I got the meat ready (we were grilling that night!). She then helped with the seasoning for them. She had so much fun with it. Then, she helped with the dishes. She dried all of them for me! Then she set the table too. When we sat down to eat she told Daddy that she made the potatoes and then went around the table and asked all the kids if they liked the potatoes that she made. She was about as proud as she could be! If only I could get all the kids to help out like that!
Every year the 4th graders go to Eagle Bluff for a 3 day trip. Austin really wanted Phil to go with. So, we told his teacher that Phil would be willing to go along. Well they put all of the parents names in a "hat" then did a drawing to see which of them could go with. Phil was picked! Austin is super excited! They will be gone for 3 days at the end of April. Austin has also started baseball, so to speak! The last 2 Saturday mornings they had practice for different skills the kids need in order to play. He is now really looking forward to spring and being able to get out and play ball!
Both Belle and Carson have "graduated" to a bigger bike. They out grew the ones that they had last year, which is a good thing because Carson's bike broke near the end of last summer! They have been out riding for a little while each of the past few days! It sounds like more snow may be on the way, so that will come to an end for a few days! I can't wait to get out and walking again! We have made a few trips to the Bakery and the grocery store, but it is still too chilly to go much farther than that!
The kids are still attending AWANA at the church! They have all finished the first book already! Belle is plugging away! Right now she is struggling a little because she needs to memorize ALL the books of the old Testament! She knows all the new testament books as she and Carson had to learn them in the last book. It is so hard to get them to remember the odd names, but we are about half way done! We also bought each of them a new Bible(a whole other story in and of itself! Who would've thought that buying a children's Bible would be such a tough job!), they are very excited to have their "own" Bible that they can bring to AWANA and Sunday School!
Nessa has preschool on Monday mornings and open gym on Friday mornings. Belle is still doing dance on Tuesdays. Austin has guitar on Wednesdays. They all have AWANA on Wednesday too. Our weeks seem to stay pretty busy. This weekend Austin has another baseball clinic and Belle has Girl Scouts. We are also having some friends over for dinner!
It seems as though I am done shooting basketball games, so I will have a little more free time until baseball starts! I am sure a few other things will pop up here and there as well for me to shoot. I just finished up some graduation announcements for a client as well as some senior pictures for another client. I have a infant session this Wednesday that I am really looking forward to, and hopefully another one in a few more days! Check out my website in a few days and I should have some of them up!
I think I have finally finished the livingroom painting nightmare! Now I just need to buy the fabric and make the curtains! I have another itch to start to paint my stairs again too, but Phil wants to replace them before I start, so we will have to see how long it takes him to get that done:) Since we are looking for another house, we figure we should get this one back to mainly neutral colors for either potential renters or buyers depending upon what we find!
Well that is enough rambling for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment