Monday, February 5, 2007

Alumni

We spent this last weekend in Randolph for Phil's alumni tournament. He had 3 games on Saturday and one on Sunday. The kids and I made it to all the games except one. It was so cold, it took us most of the way to Randolph for the van to warm up to a point we weren't shivering or seeing our breath. We had even warmed the van for at least 10 minutes before leaving the house. Anyway, Phil's team made it to the consolation game. The referees were horrible. With about 5 minutes left in that game, Phil got a technical for saying that a call that the ref made was insane. THen the refs made a couple of more bad calls before the end of the game. Phil's team ended up losing by like 3 points. After the game, he went to talk to the ref. The ref shoved him (claimed that Phil shoved him) then he tried to kick Phil's entire team out of the school and told them that they couldnt come back next year. They of course didn't go anywhere. Phil was so mad, he was still complaining about it last night before we went to bed. His game was at 1:00. So our weekend ended with a bit of excitement after all.
We are now looking forward to some time away. We are leaving for Duluth this coming Sunday. We will stay at the waterpark hotel again. The kids have been begging to go back since we went last year! I am trying to get my homework caught up so that I don't have to stress about it while we are gone. I am also hoping that it isn't too chilly in Duluth. Since it has been negitive double digits here lately, I am scared of how cold it will be up there!
Well I am going to sign off for now, I am still waiting for some time to take pictures of the puppies. Last week when ever Nessa was sleeping, I was doing homework, and wasnt able to finish until the last minute. THis semester is going to be very involved. Only 3 weeks in and I am overwhelmed!

No comments: