Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Rough couple of weeks

My lens on my camera broke a couple of weeks ago. I had my first assignment due for my portrait class. I got the lights and back drop set up. Grabbed my camera turned it on. It made a funny noise and then an error popped up on the display screen. I of course was irate. Phil just bought me that lens in October and it already broke. Not to mention that my job depends on it. So, I called the company and they told me to pack it up and send it in to them. Thankfully it was still covered under warranty. They also said that it would take 1-3 weeks to get it back!!! I got it back last Friday (less than a week after I shipped it out!). It works great now. It must have been slowly dying, because it is soooo much better than I remember it being. That could also be because I had to use my crappy lens that came with the camera while it was gone. In any case I am glad it is back.
We have also been suffering with the stomach flu. It started with Austin and has slowly made it through everyone but me and Belle! It seems to be pretty calm now. However, Phil is in southern Wisconsin for work and he said he was up all night with it! He does feel better now tonight. He is suppose to come home tomorrow, but there was a major snow storm down there and the interstate is closed and has a ton of "stuck" cars on it. I have class tomorrow night so he better make it home before I have to leave! I guess they got like a foot of snow.
We had puppies on Friday. They are both black. One has orange in different spots and is really cute! Delivering the puppies is a totally different story! I was in between sitting with Grandma and having to be at work. Barely enough time to eat and get my stuff together. Then I got stuck delivering the puppies. Farah had no problem eating the placenta and that junk. But getting her to clean off the puppies was something she didn't want to do. I had to tear off the sack rub them to get them to breathe and clean them off some. We got it done and I had to leave right away. Phil was left with instructions, mostly about delivering another one if it came. Also, on the need to immediately clean up Farah's puke if the placenta's didn't sit well.
Some sad news...
Grandma is not doing well. She can no longer be alone. Mom has taken time off work. When she is unable to be there the kids and I go over. Grandma took a fall about a week ago too. She hurt her arm pretty bad. So, that made things even more difficult for her. She has extremely low blood pressure and pulse. Her appetite is also gone. That is after she was told she didn't have to continue on the no sodium diet. She still had to watch it, but not be as careful. It is tough to watch. The kids know something is going on I just tell them that she is sick and needs help. I am trying to figure out how to tell them without scaring them that she may die. I don't want it to come as a total shock. It would be nice to answer all of the questions and make it as easy on them as possible.
I better go. I need to sleep, we have to go and sit with Grandma in the morning for a while!
I will post some pictures of the puppies soon. I have been so busy that I haven't had time to take any yet!

No comments: