Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

This New Year's Eve we spent at Mom and Dad's. We took some games and some snacks and some movies for the kids for when they needed to settle down. We went with the intention of playing games and then putting Nessa to bed once she got tired and crabby.
So, we played games for a couple of hours and then put the kids in front of the TV, and played some adult games. It was pretty fun. We of course took breaks, for snacks, smokes, potty, and put grandma to bed. 11 o'clock rolled around and everyone was still awake. The adults were getting tired, but managed to stick it out. At 11:58 we turned the movie off and found a TV station that replayed the ball dropping in the central time zone. Now remember ALL of the kids were still awake, even Nessa. So we hit the 20 second count down. Made it to "0" and said, "Happy New Year!" In unison all the kids (except Carson) started crying. I think that it was a let down, they didn't really know what to expect and watching the ball drop was not all that exciting. So, we had them put on their coats and we headed home by this time Carson too joined in the howling.

Once home, they all went potty and we sent them to bed. I think it was the first time ever that they went right to sleep! They all slept until 8:30 the next morning, and took a good nap in the afternoon.

Nessa is still sleeping daily until at least 8 if not 9. I know that it will not last much longer, so I am taking full advantage of it while it lasts!


This past Wednesday was Austin's 9th birthday. He took a treat to school to share with his friends. He also got to be star of the week. We made a poster with pictures of him and things he likes to do. That got hung on a bulleton board in his classroom. That night he wanted pizza, so Phil got Papa Murphy's and brought it home. Then Mom and Dad came over and gave him their present and a card with money from Grandma Mary. WE also got him a presant. I found a HUGE remote control car Normally $70.00 for $30! So, we gave him that. The car is like 3 feet long. He will really enjoy it when summer comes.


Today we got up and dressed once Carson went to school Nessa and I got ready to go to Red Wing. I have a gift card to use at Maurices and a 15% off coupon. So, we get in the car and take off. Once we arrived in Red Wing, my cell phone rang. I couldn't find it fast enough (it was buried deep in my purse) and missed the call. Once I finally found it, the call was from Carson's school, he had thrown up all over the carpet at circle time! So, Nessa and I turned around and drove all the way back to town. We didn't have time to stop anywhere. I picked Carson up from school he is super pale, and relaxing on the couch. We are going to veg all day, and hopefully have no more puking! If there is Phil will have to come home from work!!


Well, I better go and check on Carson. We are going to have to attempt lunch soon, he is already saying he is hungry!

No comments: