Friday, November 2, 2007

The last few days...

Since I wrote last a lot has gone on. On Wednesday (Halloween) Carson woke up very early in the morning and sent Belle upstairs to tell us that his head hurt. He will wake up at least twice a week with this complaint or that his legs hurt. It was nothing new. I had talked to his doctor about this a couple of weeks ago at his check up. The doctor told me to write down when and what hurt for a month, unless it got worse then I should call him back sooner. They also did blood work on him at his checkup to rule out juvenile arthritus and other things. Those tests came back negative. We were relieved but also frustrated as we didn't know what was wrong with him.
So, Wednesday after we got up gave him a dose of tylenol and after 2 hours he was still laying on the couch whining of the pain. I knew something was terribly wrong since he had his Halloween party at school that day. I asked him if he wanted to go or stay home and rest. He wanted to go. He couldn't even dress himself, so I dressed him and got him ready for his party. I sent him, and called his teacher and gave her the heads up. When I picked him up his teacher said he got more active as the day progressed. He seemed pretty good through the rest of the afternoon.
While he was at preschool I made a call to the doctor. He said that we should do a CT scan to rule anything out. We went yesterday and had that done. I am axiously awaiting the results of that. I should have a call at some point today. In someways I want them to find something so they can fix it. In other ways I am scared of what they could find.
Anyway, that night we went trick-or-treating. He only made it about 1/2 way before he said his head and legs hurt. Thankfully we had brought the wagon for Nessa, that way Carson was able to hop in and ride some to help his legs feel better.
Here are pictures of the kids in their costumes.


Then yesterday Belle was home from school it was her day off. All day long she was wiggling her loose tooth. She did nothing but complain that it hurt and whatever. Anyway I was at school last night and am unsure of the whole story but it ends with her losing her tooth because Phil pulled it out with the pliers! So, the tooth fairy came and she was as thrilled as could be this morning because she got a golden dollar and a paper dollar! I will take a picture of her without her tooth when she gets home this afternoon.

No comments: