Friday, August 24, 2007

Summer has come to an end!

It is hard to believe that we are already nearing Labor day. I start school on Monday then the kids start the following week. I always look back over the summer and am disappointed that we never really did anything. We went to the pool, camp, parks and many other things, but nothing that the kids got really excited about. Nothing that they can say we did over the summer.
We haven't really done any work around the house either. I wanted to stain the deck and the fence, but Phil has yet to wash them so that I can stain them. I wanted to finish the landscaping around the house so that in the spring we can plant flowers, that too is put on hold because we need dirt and sand, but have no truck to use to haul it. The leaves will soon start to turn and then we will have to clean them up. With the weather how its been lately nothing gets done. I guess that once again we will have projects waiting for us in the spring.
The bright side is that the kids are getting sick of one another, so going back to school will give them space. Hopefully that will end or at least reduce the fighting.
Belle is on the countdown to her birthday. She is really excited. I have promised her a birthday party with her friends. She is really looking forward to that. I am making her wait a few weeks though, so she can meet new friends at school. It will be her first birthday party.
I better go. I have birthday money to spend so, I am going to go shopping. If I don't spend it now, it will go to paying bills...That is no fun.

No comments: