August 7th was national night out. We went down to the neighbors for a dessert potluck and then the rescue squad came with all of the emergency vehicles. The kids were able to hop in and check them out up close. Phil's uncle Eric was one of the fire fighters that came. He helped the kids turn on the lights and sirens in the truck. They had a blast! It was nice to get out and meet some of the neighbors that we hadn't yet met!
Then on the 11th. We celebrated Austin's birthday. He wanted to play volley ball. Then we ate dinner and he opened his gifts. He had ordered a game cube earlier that week, so he recieved games and money for the game cube. He finally got the game cube yesterday! His favorite gift has been a digital spiderman camera that Jael and Adam got for him. He has taken a ton of pictures with it. It came with software that allows you to put people whose picture you have taken on spidermans body. It is really neat.
I saved the best news for last!!! Nessa is well on her way to being potty trained. I started hard core on Monday. She has had 3 accidents total since then! I have to let her run around with nothing on, but hey its working. I had to put underwear on her this morning because I was babysitting some neighbor kids, she of course had an accident. I then decided to put a dress on her and ditch the underwear, not another accident all day.
Phil and I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and are going to stay over night. She and Austin are staying home with a friend of ours. I am hoping she won't regress too much while we are gone!
Like I said Phil and I are going to a wedding tomorrow. It is one of his friends from high school. Belle and Carson are going to sleep over night at Jael and Adams. The other two are going to stay home. But it is our anniversary weekend so we thought we would go to the wedding and have a night and morning without children. It is a rare occasion when we can escape for a couple of hours let alone a night, especially when we prefer to leave them with free sitters!
Better go, it is getting late and I have to finish straightening the house before we leave tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment