Yesterday was suppose to be hot, so we planned to go to the Redwing Pool for the day. It was warm, but not as warm as they made it sound. Anyway we had a great time. Austin brought a friend and stayed busy playing with him. Belle spent the day going down the water slides. Carson played with his girlfriend Ruby. Ness just roamed in and out of the water. She laid on her tummy and would splash. She was having a great time.
Near the end of the day Nessa found the steps for the little kids slide. She was too little for it, so I pulled her down. We all know she is stubborn and strong willed. So, this should come as no surprise, she didn't give up. She would not leave those stupid steps alone. It was a good half hour of turning her around and trying to redirect her attention. I would hold her hand and we would walk to another part of the pool. This one time-it turned out to be the last time-I grabbed her hand to bring her to another part, she bent her legs trying to get away. I felt her arm go CRRRAAACKKKK! She started bawling. I thought that I broke her arm. We packed up our stuff and took off for home. I dropped off the kids and then took her up to the hospital. She was holding her arm with the other arm and would cry when her arm was moved.
The doctor came in and held her arm and said, "she is not going to like this." Then Nessa started screaming and the doctor said "It's back in" It turned out that I didn't break her arm or even dislocate it. SHe had nurse maid's elbow. I guess it is common in kids under 5. The ligament gets stuck between the joints (or something like that). After about 2 minutes she was fine and using her arm like it had never even happend.
Just another boring day at our house!
No comments:
Post a Comment