
I can't believe that a whole week has gone by since I last posted! (sorry) Life has been busy. We had Easter last weekend. We went to Wisconsin on Saturday. The kids went to the Mondovi egg hunt, then we hung out with Grandma Mary until midafternoon when we were off to the Sessions gathering for supper. It was a georgous day we all wore shorts and t-shirts and were comfortable until the wind picked up in the early evening. Let me tell you it is so nice to have 3 kids that don't need constant supervision. Phil and I were able to relax and visit without having to chase one of the kids down. I know next year and the year after are going to suck, because Nessa will be in that stage, maybe if we are lucky Austin will be big enough to do some of the chasing:) Sunday morning the kids hunted for their Easter baskets and we had a hot breakfast. It was a really relaxing morning. We were able to take our time getting ready for church. Then we went to church and came home to grab our stuff then we headed out to Gergens. We spent most of the day out there, however, it was not as nice of a day. The wind was really strong and it rained off and on. We were pretty much stuck in the house.
Austin went to a basketball camp this week. It ran for an hour each night after school. He loved it. When he got home he was EXTREMELY crabby and tired. He was sad tonight when I told him that it was over. He is turning into quite athletic competitor. Over the summer he is going to play soccer and baseball, so we will be running after him two nights a week.
Yesterday afternoon we had a playgroup out at the park at the lake. The group seems to grow every week. It is so nice to let the kids go and play and the moms get a chance to sit and visit. I can't tell you how much I need the adult conversation!!! The constant whining and begging and endless chatter is enough to drive me nutts! So, the preschool moms get the kids together usually once a week. Once a month we go out on a friday evening and have a couple of drinks and just enjoy time away!
Last night I got a flat tire, we went to feed the ducks and when I got out of the van the tire was pretty low. By the time we got back after feeding the ducks I had a total flat. I called my dad to come and help me change it. Who knew that in order to get the spare out from under the van there was a bolt inside of the van that unscrewed and lowered it to the ground...We found that out by reading the directions that were with the jack:) Otherwise if I wouldn't have had four kids either crying or running around I could have changed it myself. So, last night we went to Wal-mart and bought 2 new front tires. The ones on the van were really bald. I thought it would be best to have new, good tires on the van before our trip to Duluth this weekend. So, I had a guy that I have worked with up at the school put the rims on the new tires then I got them balanced. I PUT THEM BACK ON THE VAN MYSELF!!!!! It was raining and by the time I was done it was soaked and covered in dirt and mud from the driveway, but at least now I can say that I can change a tire!!!
Like I said we are going to Duluth...We are going to leave on Sunday morning and come back Tuesday night. It will be short and sweet. I really think that we will have a ton of fun...stay tuned:)
Nessa has refused to sleep the last two nights so Phil and I are both short on sleep, and not a whole lot of fun to be around, so pray for us to have patience and the kids to behave themselves so that they don't get on our nerves too much.
Tonight I cut like 3 inches off of Belles hair...it sounds like a lot but you really can't notice. It feels so much softer and hopefully I can do more stuff with it. Once it gets to the point that it is so long it is hard to make anything look decent.
Belle is not naked in the picture above she insisted on wearing only underwear to bed that night. Austin always does that, but he at least puts on a robe. Belle hasn't figured that part of it out yet!
Now that I have chatted on endlessly, I better go, I need to relax for a bit before bed. I will post again when we get back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment