Friday, May 9, 2008

Austin Broke His Leg!

So, last night was my last class for portraits. I am walking out of the school and my phone started to make the "message" sound. I pulled it out and listened to the message, "Austin fell and twisted his ankle pretty bad, call me." I called him back when I got to my car. He said Austin was out riding the motor scooter and his foot got caught under it and he twisted his ankle. I asked him if it was broken. He said, You can't break your ankle. He said Austin could hardly stand to sit on the couch. So, he and my mom took him to the ER and my Dad stayed with the other 3 kids. I met them at the hospital and low and behold the x-ray showed a fracture! The doctor said since he is a kid it will heal just fine, no surgery needed. If he were an adult he would have needed surgery. So, that was good. They then put a splint on his leg and we came home.
It was a rough night last night. Phil and I took turns getting up with him when he needed meds or his leg adjusted. We were up more last night than we where when the kids were infants. He is trying to sleep right now. Later we are going to attempt to learn to use the crutches! Wish us luck!
He is going to meet with the orthopedist on Tuesday to get his cast put on, hopfully the pain will slowly get better over the weekend so he can go back to school on Monday.
I will update if anything interesting happens. Possibly pictures, if I can convince him to put some clothes on! He has been in underwear since we cut him out of his jeans last night!

No comments: