Tuesday, October 24, 2006

funny story

We had a birthday party for Belle, Carson, and Nessa on October 14th. The party went well and the kids got tons of presents. Anyway, Phil and I got Belle and Carson hamsters. We gave them a ball for them as well. On Monday when Belle was at school, Carson wanted to play with "Bob" his hamster, so I put him in the ball. I told him not to kick the ball as they had the night before, because it would hurt the hamster. I was doing dishes, when Carson walked up to me and had the ball in his hands. He said, "Bob doesn't want to run any more." I took the ball from him and in it, Bob was laying on his back with his paws up in the air! I said, "what did you do? Bob is dead!" Carson says in the most innocent voice,"I was just throwing him up and dow like this..." and then he through the ball up in the air and caught it. I said, "you can't do that." Upon closer inspection Bob was still breathing. I put the ball with Bob in the sink and let it sit there for an hour, then I checked back. Bob was still breathing, but he continued to lay on his back with his paws in the air. About a half hour later Bob rolled over. I then took him and dumped him back int0 the cage. 2 hours later Bob finally got up and walked. He only took about 3 steps and then layed back down. By evening he was up running on the wheel and pretty much back to normal. When Austin got home from school Carson told him, "I killed Bob, but he is not dead anymore." Austin of course said, "if you killed him, he wouldn't be alive." They had a somewhat heated discussion which finally ended with Me breaking it up. Now 1 week later both "Princess"(male hamster) and Bob (also a male) are still alive and more used to the torture of a 5 and 4 year old child.

No comments: