Sunday, July 2, 2006





FUN AT THE FAIR!!!

It is just days away from the fourth of July. In my world the fourth always signifies the middle of summer. As I sit here today, I think gosh summer is half over and what have we done. Everyday I clean my house, do the dishes keep up on laundry. Ya know, the stuff I HAVE to do. But it seems we really haven't done anything that I could potentially put in a Christmas letter or say that we have done. I know that we have torn out part of the rock bed in the front of the house, and Phil is going to cut the whole for Austin's new bedroom window today. It just seems like we are always running here or there but it is never any place fun or exciting. We do leave next Sunday (the 9th) for camp for a week and we are going up north later in the summer, so I guess we do have stuff on the calendar, it just seems as though summer should be long and fun, with constant activity.

On to better stuff...Since it is the fourth and we live in Cannon Falls, the fair is in town. We took the kids last night for wristband night. It was from 6-11pm. We were there from 6 until after 10. The kids had so much fun and were really good. The hardest part is that Belle and Carsons interest in rides differs from Austins. Without Ness we were able to let him to the stuff he wanted and the other two do their stuff. I would go on the BIG rides with him and Phil would watch the other 2 on the kiddy rides. I took all of them and the 2 neighbor boys on the tilt-a-whirl. Carson after a couple of times around said, "I want to be done" I told him that he had to wait for the ride to end then we could get off. He did tough it out. I was surprised. After we got off each time we had to find a hidden spot for Austin to try to puke. He never actually puked but was green around the gills for a little bit afterward. I took him on the zipper too...That will NEVER happen again. He was sooooo scared and I had to hold him down while we were flipping and going around. After we got off he didnt talk for like 10 minutes. I think that he was scared speachless. He said that he will never ride on it again.

On Monday night Roland is going to drive Phil's corsica in the derby. We are going to go to watch him. It is so expensive though. They charge $10 for adults and $5 for kids...ALL kids! I took Austin and Reas out to paint the car and it looks kind of weird. It is painted like one of Ed and Paula's cows. To the average person it looks like an oreo cookie. We wrote each of the kids names on it and MOOOVE on the front. Anyway, if Roland doesn't like it too bad for him he should have done it himself insted of going to a cabin for the weekend with Casey.

The kids found some kittens in a horse barn at the fair, Thier dad said, "NO MORE CATS" They were sooo cute.

I must go, I will post derby pictures soon.

No comments: